Monday, April 4, 2016

the perfect proposal

 
this was the most amazing day of my life.

here's a little background on how 
everything came about:


2013:

i went on a spring break trip with my girlfriends. we planned a road trip -- leaving colorado springs, driving to las vegas for 3 days, & then going on to san diego for a week.  

march 24, 2013
the last day we spent in las vegas, 
i met kevin.
he was there for a bachelor party & we were both staying at the flamingo hotel. we met that afternoon at the pool & stayed in touch from there on out. 

 that whole year consisted of him flying out to colorado to visit, me flying out to ohio to visit, & both of us meeting up in florida a few times.


2014:

kevin moved from cincinnati to colorado springs & we "officially" started dating. 


2015:

i was completely in love with him & had decided he was the one i wanted to marry. for christmas that year, kevin gave me 2 tickets to florida to spend a week there in march with his family. 


2016:

THE florida trip. 

we left march 21 to head down to fort myers for a week. the first day we got there, we relaxed, hung out at the pool, and watched a beautiful florida sunset. 

  
the second day we were there was THE day. me, kevin, his siblings, & his mom all went to the beach to hang out during the day & i was TOTALLY relaxed & loving life.

beth (kevin's mom) had mentioned before we left for the beach that we wouldn't be able to stay all day -- doug (kevin's dad) had made some reservations for the whole family to go out to dinner that night. so we stayed at the beach for a while, & then went home to get cleaned up & ready for dinner. 

 

we left the townhome a little bit before our reservation so that we could stop at the beach on the way to dinner & watch the sunset. it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL evening. 

we brought some wine to sip on as we watched. little did i know, as i'm sitting here watching the sunset over the ocean, my family is sneaking up behind me on the beach.

 

i had no idea they were in florida.

kevin stands up and says, 
"tay, you wanna take a picture?"


 i say "yeah!" & stand up to walk down towards the beach a bit. i hear kevin's dad say 
(as my family is still walking up behind us) 
"you want the sun in your eyes -- look towards the sun". so at this point i still don't see my family. 


 well played, doug ... well played :) 

kevin turns me around, 
i see my family, 
he grabs my hand, 


drops down to one knee, 
 
& spends the next 30 seconds saying the sweetest & most perfect words 
i have ever heard.



i thought my heart might explode.
 
after squealing, 
jumping up and down, 
saying "YES YES YES!",
& giving him a kiss
 

 ... he put the most 
brilliant & dazzling
ring on my finger.


 

at that moment, the whole beach starts clapping & cheering for us.

 

everything about his proposal was perfect.

 

we break out a few bottles of champagne,

 

and the celebration begins!


i thank God every single day for bringing kevin into my life.

 
 the man i have been praying about for as long as i can remember asked me to marry him, 
& i could not have dreamed up a more 
lovely night to say "yes
to watching sunsets 
together for the rest of our lives.

 
  
 i am SO THANKFUL for all of the work that kevin did to make this night so unforgettable, AND to both of our families for taking the time & making the trip down to florida to be there for this special, special event.

the most PERFECT night of my life -- so far :)

 



1 comment:

  1. Yep! Wiping happy tears from my eyes! I love you both SO much! "Lean not on your own understanding, but in ALL your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight!" Praising God for His timing and infinite wisdom!

    ReplyDelete